Friday, December 19, 2008

Painting Away the Hours

I'm currently working at an IT helpdesk and it has led me to the following self-discoveries:
- I cannot become a morning person. As far as I'm concerned, early mornings are something best seen at the end of late nights.
- I hope to NEVER work a 24/7, open-every-day-of-the-year job again. I can't tell you how depressing it is to have to go to work on the holidays.
- Having to work on the holidays when it is extremely slow can lead to some interesting new hobbies.

I'll explain about the hobbies. I always bring a book to work and usually some music as well, but on those really slow days sometimes they don't suffice. And since my internet access is limited (or rather, is supposed to be...shhh), I can't surf around and look at Cake Wrecks all day. So I have discovered the joy of the Paint program on my pc. I've played Battleship with coworkers, done add-on drawings with them, and made a short series of hamster drawings (I'll talk about that in some other blog). But my most prolific venture has been one-panel cartoons. Usually they're quite silly and several are really only funny to me.

Here's one I did this Thanksgiving.



5 comments:

  1. That's a great comic! So cute. It made me laugh. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Chanel! This will be a great outlet for your inner comic, inner philosopher, inner artist, inner innards, inner cat woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Careful about the cat woman part. There's a lady at work who smells like a... cat lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I hope you keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. truly hilarious! Wow you're ultra talented.... You can sing, draw, paint, make funnies, work at an IT desk... What can't you do?

    ReplyDelete